The primary role for this position is to install, this position is responsible for all aspects of estimating and performing on-site installation of signage and large format graphics. This includes a variety of flat panel substrates, post & panel projects and application of pressure sensitive vinyl according to written instructions. This position must proofread signs and conduct quality assurance to ensure accurate fulfillment of projects. They must be professional, technical, and mechanically proficient. They must also be motivated to work on their own and as part of a team. Strong communication skills are a necessary part of this position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment with people of varying skills and backgrounds
- Highly motivated, self-directed, multi crafted worker that is able to work in a team or by one self
- Knowledge of safety policies and procedures is required (e.g. lock out / tag out, high voltage electrical).
- Ability to troubleshoot problems, identify root causes (e.g. six sigma analysis) and propose and implement remedies.
- Knowledge & operation of welding tools
- Knowledge of sign related electrical connections
- Familiar with use of bucket and crane trucks
- Ability to work under pressure to output high volume, high quality work.
- Proper handling of Hazardous Materials
- Flexibility to lean over a waist-high table and use back and forth hand motion to apply vinyl letters and graphics to a surface.
- Performs a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor; performs manual work.
- Follow instructions to accurately install a variety of flat panel signage, post and panel and full color graphic images in various circumstances. Interior and Exterior.
- Maintain an accurate, written schedule reflecting all installation commitments. Set and achieve project deadlines.
- Consult with sales staff to provide accurate estimates of labor time and to set realistic deadlines.
- Maintain strong lines of communication with sales staff and promptly answer messages/questions. Accurately relay project details to sales staff and customers
- Adhere to industry standard safety practices. Operate all tools and equipment according to specified safety requirements..
- Assist with general sign production duties as needed.
- Help unload and store raw materials; clean and maintain storage areas.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Perform routine machine maintenance and minor repairs when necessary.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Present and maintain a good driving record. Safely operate all vehicles and promptly report any incidents/infractions.
- Disassemble, repair, and reassemble equipment, using precision measurement tools.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
- Performs materials handling and storage.
- Loads and unloads trucks and hauls and hoists materials.
- Ensures that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed. Brings problems to the attention of the foreman, safety director or HR manager.