The primary role for this position is to operate fabricating machines such as cutoff saws, shears and brakes that cut, shape and bend metal sheets and structures to manufacture signs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment with people of varying skills and backgrounds
- Highly motivated, self-directed, multi crafted worker that is able to work in a team or by one self
- Knowledge of safety policies and procedures is required.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and propose solutions.
- Knowledge & operation of welding tools preferred
- Knowledge of sign manufacturing preferred.
- Ability to lay out, cut, fit, measure and weld metals to create the desired shape or object. Must have knowledge of techniques and tools to accomplish this detailed work.
- Performs a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor; performs manual work.
- Utilizes all hand tools and grinders.
- Develops layout and plans sequence of operations.
- Locates and marks bending and cutting lines onto workpiece.
- Positions, aligns, fits and welds together parts.
- Fabricates and assembles sheet metal products.
- Consult with sales staff to provide accurate estimates of labor time and to set realistic deadlines.
- Adhere to industry standard safety practices. Operate all tools and equipment according to specified safety requirements..
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Operates fabrication shop and machine shop machinery and equipment. Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Removes burrs, sharp edges, rust or scale from workpiece.
- Operates any equipment needed to perform job.